Midland Police Service would like to thank everyone who has applied for the positions of Part Time Administrative Clerk and Part Time Special Constable closing November 17th 2016 at 4PM. We will not be accepting any further resumes for these positions in office or by mail after 4PM. If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted by us. Please do not contact the office unless we have called or emailed you. Thank you again for your applications.
Part Time - Experienced Police Officers
Midland Police Service is currently receiving applications to fill the position of part time Constable. The following are the criteria for the position:
To be considered, you must meet certain minimum requirements as outlined in the Police Services Act.
Specifically, you must:
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
- must have attended the Ontario Police College and successfully completed the Basic Constable Training Program or its equivalent at the Ontario Police College;
- be physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position, having regard to your own safety and the safety of members of the public;
- be of good moral character and habits, meaning that you are an individual other people would look upon as being trustworthy and having integrity.
In addition, you must:
- possess a valid driver's licence with no more than six accumulated demerit-points, permitting you to drive an automobile in Ontario with full driving privileges;
- have current certification in CPR and first aid by the time the offer of employment is given;
- be able to pass a security clearance as well as background investigation, credit and reference checks.
- must NOT be a currently serving Police officer;
- must demonstrate current knowledge of contemporary policing issues
If you have any criminal convictions under a federal statute, you must obtain a pardon. If you have 'Findings of Guilt' which have resulted in absolute or conditional discharges, the records must be 'sealed' by the RCMP.
(This will be done automatically following one year if the absolute discharge is registered after July 24, 1992. For a conditional discharge, this will be done automatically following three years if the conditional discharge is registered after July 24,1992. Otherwise you must apply to have these records sealed.)
All applicants will be required to complete:
- Psychological testing;
- EQi testing for Emotional Intelligence/Leadership
- All aspects of the Constable Selection System for applicants
We invite you to submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Part Time Policing Opportunity
Attention: Danielle Beauchamp, Executive Assistant
Midland Police Service
250 Second Street, P.O. Box 86
All applications and resumes will be received in confidence, for collection pursuant to the Police Services Act and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. Electronic Mail and Fax delivery will not be accepted.